Natalie Sorrell Charlesworth
Writer/Library Assistant/Outreach &Schools Liaison Officer/Artist/Genealogist/Arts Organiser
My blog has been intermittently active since 2015 (I used to be @orchestratingaseachange), but now I’ve finished my PhD I’m able to devote more time to it and give it a bit of a revamp!
I’ll mainly be reviewing SFF with some history, crime, general fiction and poetry. I don’t accept unsolicited e-Arcs, but I’m on Netgalley as TooShortToRead.
I am an active board member of Litfest – the charity behind Lancaster Literature Festival. I am also in the process of drafting a SFF novel for adults called Seven for a Secret, a middle grade novel called The Ladybird Winter and trying to find a publisher for the poetry collection I wrote for my PhD – Ark Shell. I continue to work as a freelance artist and genealogist. My crochet, knitting, calligraphy and artwork are going to my shiny new Etsy Shop but the Facebook page for North West Genealogy is still under construction.
I also run the blog for Coulthard One Name Study an attempt to condense the information we have gathered researching such a wide-ranging and complex family.
2010-2013 BA in English Literature with Creative Writing and Practice at Lancaster University
2013-2014 MA in Creative Writing at Lancaster University
2015-2021 PhD in Creative Writing at Lancaster University
I’m a published poet and you can find my work here:
- ‘Christ the King, Fishergate Hill’ & ‘Tulketh Hall’ on the Places of Poetry Northwest Poetry Map (March 2021)
- ‘Subluxation’ in Hidden Disabilities & Me (November 2020)
- ‘Preston Docks’ in Not a Drop: Oceans of Poetry (2019)
- ‘Birthplace’ in A Bee’s Breakfast (2017)
- ‘Confessions of a Spiritualist’ in Elbow Room (2016)
- ‘Our Sunday afternoon feature film’ in My Dear Watson: The Very Elements in Poetry (November 2015)
- ‘Nervosa’ and ‘Caulking’ in Poems to Talk About 2014, Poetic Republic (December 2014)
- ‘Shadowboxing’ – in Love Is In The Air, Forward Poetry (July 2014)
- ‘Long Exposure’ – in Essence of Love, Forward Poetry (July 2014)
- ‘Double Exposure’, ‘Forster Family Portrait’ and ‘After-Image’ in Lightsink: Lancaster Writing Programme Creative Writing MA Anthology 2014 (June 2014)
- ‘Phantom’, ‘Developing’, ‘Clearances’ – in Subtext Magazine, Issue 1 (July 2013)
I won the Poetic Republic Portfolio Prize 2014 with ‘Nervosa’ and ‘Caulking’, was specially commended in Elbow Room 2016, shortlisted for the Bridport Poetry Prize 2020 and Jane Martin 2014 and longlisted for Mslexia 2021.